Wednesday, January 28, 2009

First blog...

Okay, so I'm writing about my health...I guess the best place to start would be telling my situation. I am 20 years old (subject to change as of September 11th, 2009).
I have always been deemed as an athlete, I started playing sports around 4-5 years old. I played Boosters Basketball in elementary school, along with little league softball. I was a pitcher and was pretty damn good at it. I was 12 years old easily pitching about 60 mph. Basketball I was always good at as well.
I played both sports all through High School, broke a few records here and there, and was doing well.
About my sophomore year, I had rolled both of my ankles, and found out that I had more damage done then I thought. I was told that I shouldn't be playing anymore.
I still did, did more damage to my ankles, strained my ACL to the point it was shredding, I tore my rotator cuff apart, and graduated from High School still willing to play college ball.
Due to a few sweet words from a Community College coach, I started attending a community college, played one year of basketball there..planned on playing softball until an awkward turn of events happened.
I realized that I didn't want to continue putting my body through the pain when I was in the middle of a game, and my right calf completely cramped up...I kept playing, putting more weight on my left, until my left started cramping as well...
I was looking a little awkward while running with a double charlie horse, as I'm looking at my fi in the stands, he could tell something was wrong.
My coach on the other hand, was telling me to move faster,
The trainer finally yelled at the coach, I came out, the damage was done, I strained both of my calf muscles in both of my legs.

My coach would not leave me alone about it...and I could barely walk for about 10 days.

I talked with my fi and told him that this wasn't worth it anymore. The everyday ankle and shoulder pain just wasn't worth it.
I didn't want to have to be in an immense amount of pain if I ever wanted kids...and I do.

So after the season was over, the coach quit, a new one came in, and started calling me..I repeatedly told him No...and that was the end of my athletic career.

Needless to say, I don't really miss sports, I miss the shape I was in, but it wasn't worth the pain I was in.

At the peak of my career, I was 130lbs. Since then I have gained quite a bit of weight.
At the peak of my unhealthiness, I weighed 200lbs.

Now, I am at 190, working at making it to at least 150.

I have a year and a half to go, so I'm not TOO worried, but I definitely need the motivation!
So, here it goes....

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you started a blog. =) I abused my body playing sports also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It doesn't help when you have some terrible coaches. Both HS and College.

    ReplyDelete