Friday, March 6, 2009

Wow. I am so sorry I haven't posted!

So here is the scoop on my not posting the past like 3 days.

Tuesday, I had my journalism class..which I believe I posted, actually.
I did the workout I said I was going to do, but I had this weird twinge in my throat.
I kept drinking water thinking that it was just a serious case of cotton-mouth..which I get when Paul turns on the fan while we are working out. (I leave it off...he likes it on..go figure)

So I just kept drinking water to stay hydrated.
I showered, and got myself ready for bed no problem, but I felt so tired by 9 that I passed out by 9:30...which is very unusual for me.

I wake up around 11:30 with some serious chills. It was horrible, I had on flannel pajama pants, Paul's snowboarding thermal socks, 3 shirts on, a hoodie on top of it, and was wrapped up in three blankets...and still couldn't get warm.
So I woke Paul up and told him that I think I needed to make a doctor's appointment for the next day because I felt like I had been hit by a truck and my throat was on fire.

I drank tea, took some motrin with milk (so it wouldn't give me a tummy ache later), and curled back up with Paul (who is like a human heater) and tried to sleep.

The next morning (Wednesday), I wake up still with chills, sore throat, headache...I felt like death..it was horrible.
I got up to go to the bathroom and Paul said fairly bluntly: You look like shit.
Don't you love it when your fi's and dh's are so open with you?

I got back into bed and stayed there 90% of the day...the rest was made up of peeing.
I don't think I have peed so much in my life...granted, I was mainly eating soups and drinking gatorade, water, and tea..but still.

Around 10 I took my temp and it was 100.7...time for Motrin again to bring it down...so I popped in some motrin, talked to my mom, and she wanted to check in on me later.
So, she said not to take any more motrin for the rest of the day so we could see how serious this was.

By 1 I passed out again...woke up around 3:30 sweating...
When my mom came in around 9 that night she cleaned up a little bit (I had tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner...the dog had half the grilled cheese and I ate about 1/4 of the soup), my fever was up to 102.8

Needless to say at 9 a.m yesterday when the Dr's office opened, I called to get an appointment. I made one for 11:15..but didn't get to see the doctor until 12:35pm...yeah, they were THAT busy.

So I go in, and the doctor was asking the typical questions (because I haven't seen him since October of 07...I was sick in October of 08, but he called in the prescription)...and checked my sinues, ears, nose, and throat...which he kinda gave a grossed out face..which is understandable.

He said that it's all in my throat..and I have Strep Throat...which I haven't had in like 5 years...and Yeah, I still have my tonsils...They were going to take them out when I was little, but they were afraid (since I have thin blood) that I could POSSIBLY bleed to death...so that was that.

So he prescribed me Augmentin...which the liquid made me sick as a child, but the pills are easy.

I do feel better. I had a fever last night, but I took my first pill last night...and so far I'm just coughing out the infection...tmi possibly..sorry.

I have to take 1 pill twice a day for a week.
I'm hoping I am okay by Monday...I really need to go back to school...

Anyway, I am feeling a little bit better, my throat is still sore but tolerable.

The past few days I haven't really been calorie counting...I probably won't be today either.
I can't really eat all that much, it's really just been popcicles and other liquids.

So, there is my update...


Also, Irene, I saw that you commented on my last post about my dress...I know the type of design that I want, but I haven't bought any dresses yet, because I still have a year and a half before the wedding, so I don't want to buy a dress that may be too big on me by the time my wedding comes...
I know that it can be taken in, but I would rather wait a little while longer, that way it would be a little more accurate.

Anyway, time to finish my oatmeal and take my medicine...then time to relax.

1 comment:

  1. Aaww poor girl! I hope you are doing better.
    A year and a half is a good amount of time. I think I found mine 6 or 7 months before my wedding.

    ReplyDelete