Tuesday, February 10, 2009

So far today...

I know it's only like 20 minutes to noon here, but I need to update early because Tuesdays are my busy afternoons.

I had the usual for breakfast this morning..
Soy milk and a serving of Multi-grain cheerios.

I didn't really have a snack though, I was making an early lunch. Although, I thought about binging on a cheese danish, but I haven't had one in literally, years. I tried it and realized that I may not like it now as much as I used to. It was way too sweet for me. I literally took one bite and was like, Nope, Not worth it.

For lunch I made egg salad... I love my egg salad..and it's pretty healthy and high in protein. =)
I'll have to put the recipe down at the bottom so you guys can try it and tell me what you think.

So, today I have my Journalism class, it's kinda cool because my professor asked me to start writing for the campus paper about..well, whatever I want. I need some ideas though.

Also, after class today I will be doing a lot of working out. I'm really just in an upbeat mood today, so I think a good workout will help out a lot.

I'm doing a light pasta dinner I think tonight.

Anyway, that's my plan for today...I will have to update later if I get the time to.

Recipe for egg salad:

You'll want like 10-12 eggs (you end up squishing them, so it will seem like a lot less).

Hard boil the eggs.
Obviously, let the eggs cool, peel off the shells.
Once you have all of the eggs "de-shelled", Cut them into tiny pieces, yoke included.
After you cut them up, place them in a bowl and take a fork to start squishing the egg yoke and whites.

Keep at it with a fork until the eggs are crushed into small crumbley pieces (like my word there? lol)
After you finish squishing all of the hard boiled eggs, you will need Hellmans Light Mayo (or whatever brand you prefer), salt, and pepper.

Usually with about 10-12 eggs, it will take about 2-3 tablespoons of the light mayo to get it to the right consistency.
Stir the eggs and mayo with your fork until the mix is creamy.
I usually use about 1/2 teaspoon of salt...make sure you stir the salt in really well.

Then I take the pepper and do a light sprinkling over the eggs, mayo, and salt. I just make a really thin layer on top, then stir in the pepper.
After stirring the pepper in really well, enjoy.

You may have to taste it to see if you think there needs more salt or pepper.
I usually just have it on bread, but Paul will have it with toast or crackers.

Oh, and you can also add onions or tomatoes or chili powder...a few of my friends add those to make it like a southwest style.

Let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment